Friday, February 21, 2014

Cross Necklace

Sterling Silver Cross Necklace


http://www.etsy.com/shop/emmaelizabethartwork?ref=si_shop

I'm so in love with this necklace! I'm really excited to be expanding my jewelry line. The response to the jewelry has been really good over the last couple of weeks. I understand it was Valentine's Day, and that has a lot to do with the jump in my jewelry sales, but I have had a couple of repeat customers and one of them requested a sideways cross. I am now working on that, but decided to add a traditional cross to the collection as well. For years I worked as a jewelry associate at Wal-Mart, and one of the things I would get requests for often was a "plain" cross. Many crosses are very ornate with lots of complicated decoration, and I think a lot of people want something more understated for everyday wear. 
My husband helped me to find an exceptional Sterling Silver Supplier. They are called Halstead.  http://www.halsteadbead.com/
Their website isn't very good, but their print catalog is amazing!!! I am really excited to have found a wholesaler that specializes in metals. I have been using Fire Mountain Gems for my pearls and gemstones:
They are great, but the gemstones, beads, and pearls are obviously their specialty. Having found Halstead, I feel very excited about expanding the styles of earrings I can offer, and I can finally expand my necklace collection, which I have been planning to do for a while. I'm getting really into this jewelry making stuff, and I think I would like to go to a trade school to learn other techniques. I am also considering opening an online storefront to sell jewelry exclusively, separate from my artwork site. The main reason is because Jewelry is fast becoming the bulk of what I carry at my etsy store and that shop was meant to sell a variety of my artwork. I would like to maintain variety in that shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop/emmaelizabethartwork?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment